Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Allentown Art Museum And Truisms Marie Strock

Sofia Bakis - Collections and Exhibition Departments
A. I really found the amount of stuff that they collected enormous and extremely fascinating that they could keep track of it all.
B.I do not think I could handle this job due to the fact that I would probably being playing with everything.
Jaqueling M Atkins:Chief Curator and Soody Sisco:Assistant Curator of Textiles
A. It was interesting to see how they pieced everything together seamlessly.
B. I think this job would drive me crazy, I am not someone whom you'd want to make things look symmetrical.
Karen Barlow - Museum Registrar
A. It looked like a huge responsibility to be able to handle the artwork.
B. I think I could definitely handle this job, I just wouldn't be able to choose which works to put up very easily.
Steve Gamler - Preparator
A. He had his own space to use and to be able to hang exhibits and prepare them which made me wonder if he ever sat at that desk for more than five minutes.
B. I think that I could definitely see myself putting in ideas for the exhibits and deciding how to put them up.

Truisms

1. Routine is a link with the past--The things we do everyday become routine, they are also a part of the past, we remember these things because we have done them before.

2.Moderation kills the spirit-- If you never challenge yourself, how will you ever become an individual?

3.Expiring for love is beautiful but stupid--Sure, dying for love is a nice sentiment, but who are you really losing?

4.Boredom makes you do creative things-- If you're bored, really bored. You'll create something.

5. A strong sense of duty imprisons you-- If you don't step out of your predetermined lines, it can become like a cage, locking your soul.

1 comment:

  1. So it's Registrar and Preparator for you if you were to work in a museum? Nice Truisms as well.

    ReplyDelete