Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Banana Factory Internship- Liz Ronneberg

I went on my internship with Cailin and Chris. We didn't do much besides spackle/paint the walls and tape off areas where they're going to repaint the walls. It seems like most of the other people that went on the internship did essentially the same thing, and I'm wondering how much spackling really needs to be done in that place. I really wish that we could have done work that would have given us more of an insight on what it is to be an employe there rather than just do odd jobs that I think no one else wanted to. But I understand that interns usually get stuck with that kind of work.
When we went on the field trip to the Banana factory I was really impressed by the operation and overall atmosphere of the building. I was excited to intern there and fully intended to do more than the required hours. I'm not sure what deterred me from wanting to put in any more hours, but I don't have much intentions of doing that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment