Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Don Voision Crit- Liz Ronneberg

I was interested to meet Don, although I wasn't crazy about his art work, I always like meeting artists and talking to them about the thought process that they take when approaching their own works of art. I asked him about how he comes up with the colors for his paintings (since I have such a hard time with color association), and he explain to me that most of the time he'll see, on the side of the road or anywhere for that matter, colors that he notices look good together, and he'll try to mimic those in his paintings.
I showed him my self portrait, series of Mars surface drawings, a painting I did of a Dali figure put into a different background, and possibly the jellyfish painting that I did? He said he was impressed with my attention to detail and the fact that I like to blow up smaller sections of things to force you to look at them closer (I think this was more directed towards the Mars drawings). He was also interested in my use of cardboard and encouraged me to experiment with it as much as possible.

1 comment: