Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Amber Remaley- Don Voisine Critique

For the Don Voisine critique, I brought in my portfolio of reproductions of some of my best artwork; in addition to that I brought in my self portrait and personal belief projects. At first I was not sure if he would enjoy my style of work, since I saw his pieces in the hallway. Don Voisine gave me some strong feedback on my strengths and gave me some advice. Going through my portfolio he saw that I am into pop art, and like to work with monochromatic tones. He liked my personal belief project more than my self portrait, simply because it was personal and I put more thought into it. Another thing he liked was that my pieces were on a paint palette instead of a canvas. Don Voisine suggested that if I continue using the palette to try using different varieties of shapes and sizes.

Over all he told me that he notices that I have a style and I’m good with painting with black and white colors. His advice was to keep on painting and drawing because practicing can only make an artist better, and also that Pratt is a great school to transfer to. Having met Don Voisine and letting him look over my artwork, gave me a sense of confidences…well more confidences. Another thing was it gave me a chance to see how it will be when I send out my portfolio to transfer. As he skimmed over some of my WOW pieces I thought were great and stopping at ones I thought were alright, changed my outlook on how a college will look over and think what is good. Big eye opener for moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment