Friday, March 12, 2010

Banana Factory visit

The most interesting aspect of this visit for me was being able to visit all the artists studios, and discuss with them their world view when it comes to their art. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to talk with them while they were in their element. Even when they weren't there, it was nice to just peek inside and imagine for a moment what type of person they are.

The most unexpected thing about the banana factory was the fact that there were so many studios! It was unclear to me up until that point what the banana factory essentially is. Sure, I'd visit once in a while to view some of the art, but I'd never actually toured the place to the extent that we did.

Along with painting, illustrating, and being awsome and famous in general, I want to have my own gallery someday. So yes, I can see myself in this profession. Interning for the day will be a valuable learning expreience for me.I want to learn all I can and all of the business aspect of it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is a LOT going on at the BF. A unique organization combining so many aspects of the art making/exhibiting/teaching process. I look froward to hearing about your internship impressions. What artwork stood out to you as the most interesting?

    ReplyDelete