Thursday, March 4, 2010

Marie Strock Banana Factory Visit

1. What do you feel was the most interesting or significant aspect of this discussion/presentation? I personally not only loved the artist's quarters, but the artist's reactions as the group of us walked in, we got a different response each time.

2.What was the most unexpected thing seen or discussed?
Well, the one technique where one artist was actually blending egg cartons in order to make molds was pretty interesting.

3.Can you imagine yourself in this profession? If so, what do you like the most about it? If not, why? Yes I really could, I loved the connection between the artists and how they regarded each other, no one was considered "better", they were all equals, individuals working alongside each other, it gave me a sense of family.

4.Additional observations and comments: One of my favorite artists that really inspired me was the watercolor artist Andrew Kish. The ability to control watercolors with such a technique really inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the BF creates a stronger sense of "community" than one usually sees with artists. Egg carton blender is Virginia Abbott (names are hard to remember, be sure to write them down – or photograph the name on the door/gallery wall label – for later reference)

    Want to try watercolors? You can also work with acrylics as wash.

    ReplyDelete