Sunday, March 21, 2010

Response to Don Voisine Critique by Howard Crockett

I would like to start by saying that I am extremely greatful that we had the chanse to have an artist like Don Voisine come to see our work and give us his thoughts.

During the critique I showed Don what I felt to be my strongest drawings and paintings. I was happy to hear that he did not have anything negative to say about my work. Although we did get to talking and I mentioned how I must work full time in addition to going to school to help out my family. He told me that it was great that I was willing to help my family but that I need to also think about myself and my future and essentially that I should devote more time to art. Which is very true, at this point in time i usually do not have much time to just sit and paint. Lately, I have been trying to make huge strides in this, by working different hours at work it gives me more hours in the day. Enough rambling, the critique, in my opinion was very successful which made me excited about my future as a painter.

2 comments:

  1. These are important points and I can picture Don instructing you so. Did he say anything specific about your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I remember from the critique he actually did not give anything specific in response which I didn't realize until after. It was actually more of a therapy session I think haha.

    ReplyDelete