Sunday, March 28, 2010

Don Voisine's Critque on Miranda

My Critique by Don Voisine was pretty awesome. He was very interested in my interperations and my processes. He totally understood where I was coming from when I told him that I have a hard time listening to the art professors, following direction, conforming to fit the style of all the other art student. He said that, that was a sign of a real artist. He also went on to say that art school was not for everyone and that he was never formally trained. Mr.Voisine also said that i should find a patron(s) for my art so I can continue on my creative endeavors without restraint of directions and venue. I think that he is right that art school isn't for everyone.. I really don't think its for me but, i know that I need the foundation stuff that we learn and that I need a degree to be able to support my artwork until I find patron(s).

I'm glad he came to give critiques because he did not just nod, say ummmm hummmm, and say ooo well it's Miranda what do you expect. I was able to see a persons reaction who didn't see my previous work and who also does not know me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you connected with his comments. An Art education, all education, is a complicated process – skill building, structure – directions to follow, transcending directions, and, hopefully, finding one's own voice.

    ReplyDelete