Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Amber Remaley- Banana Factory Internship

Last Friday Miranda, Howie, and I went to the banana factory for our internship. Before going to the factory we already knew we were going to paint something, since Howie told us he received an e-mail saying we were going to paint so wear old clothes. We arrived early so we went for coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts and came back which we were still early. While waiting for Rachel to arrive, we walked around and looked at the new artwork. There was a new exhibit with these photos of portraits of people, which I thought were neat. Once Rachel showed up she give us painting smocks and we had to remove nails, spackle, and paint a couple walls a bluish color. The week before Liz, Chris, and Cailin taped off most of the wall so we didn’t have to do, but there was a lot of spackling to do. After painting for about a good two hours, I was the only one that got paint all over my jeans. The internship wasn’t that bad; Rachel was very nice and kept checking on us. Now when I visit the Banana Factory I can say, “Hey see that wall, I painted that”.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were productive. A glimps into this life.

    ReplyDelete