Friday, April 30, 2010

HC- Allentown Art Museum

Sofia Bakis - Collections and Exhibition Departments
A. All of the storage and cataloging that is made in order to make exhibiting easy when needing to find certain materials.
B. I love to organize, so I feel like I would enjoy this job.

Jaqueling M Atkins - Chief Curator and Soody Sisco - Assistant Curator of Textiles
A. The restoration of old materials by piecing numerous remnants together to create a full piece was very interesting.
B. I do not think I could do this job, too many specifics.

Karen Barlow - Museum Registrar
A. I was suprised to find that Karen was a huge part of taking car of the works.
B. I could see myself doing this job. The fact that you get to almost solely be the one who gets to choose which works are hung and get the honor of being able to see all the works in great detail everyday, is more of a reward than a job.

Steve Gamler - Preparator
A. I was suprised to fidn that Steve was responsible to putting up and taking down the exhibits. I always assumed there was like a group of people who did this.
B. I could see myself doing this job, strictly for the access to all of the colorful vinyl used to make the lettering for exhibits.

1 comment:

  1. Good review of AAM jobs. (Steve does have some assistants by the way. This can be a way in the door, to offer to volunteer to assist in exhibition preparation.)

    ReplyDelete