Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kylie Sandt - Banana Factory

When I went to the Banana Factory with Deanna and Vanessa I had no idea what we would be doing. It turned out to be pretty simple tasks. Rachel had us fix up the scuffs in the gallery walls with paint. When I was finished I also replaced some of the burned out light bulbs, and then she had me organize and label the paint cans, and then start to tape off a wall that would be painted by the next group. You would think that such jobs would be tedious and boring, but I actually had fun. Those kind of things relax me I guess. The problem with such a short internship though was that there really wasn't any time to learn anything about the place, the people, or what everyone does. From what I've gathered, I think running such a complex organization with galleries, studios, and classes would be a little difficult for me personally to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a day in the life of a beginning art preparator. Glad you found it to your liking as this is a good experience regardless of your future plans.

    ReplyDelete