Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cailin Crisler-Jenny Holtzer and the Allentown Art Museum

I didn't find anything interesting about the Truisms installation. I did like that we were able to sit on the benches is we wanted to. That's what I love about public art.

C.Jenny Holtzer's Truisms
1.Being alone with yourself is increasingly unpopular.
2.confusing yourself is a way to stay honest
3.Dreaming while awake is a frightening contradiction
4.People who don't work with their hands are parasites
5.money creates taste

D.My Truisms
1.I heard that you can kill people
2.Don't expect to be popular if you are always alone.
3.you can't find what you love most in life until the end of your journey.
4.in order to find solitude, you need to find yourself.
5.If you know what you really want, than your a liar.

Allentown Art Museum
1. Steve Gambler, Preparator
A. I thought the most interesting thing about his job is being able to figure out where all the art should go using a computer program.
B. I don't think I could do this job though. I'm not very good with computers and I'd be nervous all the time trying to get everything perfect.

2. Sodi Sisco, asistant curator of textiles
A. I loved the textiles department. I was thinking about how cool it would be to restore old textiles and clothing.
B. I could see myself doing something like this. I love clothes and patterns. I also love the history behind each peice they restore.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. I especially like your truism #4:

    "in order to find solitude, you need to find yourself."

    Rings true.

    Isn't it a weird idea to "sit on the art"?

    What did you think of Jane Kintzner and the art education area?

    What about Karen Barlow, Museum Registrar, and the storage areas?

    Yes, their textile collection is vast and would be a great place to work if your interested in that history. The Metropolitan also has quite a costumes section. Have you seen?

    ReplyDelete