Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kylie Sandt - Jenny Holzer

Jenny Holzer

I was kind of bored by Jenny Holzer's truisms. I think the most interesting thing about them was that they were carved into marble benches, but that apparently was not her own doing. I do consider her work art but I feel like it is more like poetry than visual art. However, there is so much art out there that can not be categorized and I suppose that could apply to this.

Five Favorite Truisms:
1. A single event can have infinitely many interpretation.
2. A positive attitude makes all the difference in the world.
3. Being alone with yourself is increasingly unpopular.
4. Confusing yourself is a way to stay honest.
5. Humour is a release.

In my own words
1. Everyone has their own way of looking at things.
2. Happy people make the world a better place.
3. Less and less people can stand to be by themselves.
4. If you don't know what you know or don't know, then you don't know if you are lying.
5. Have a laugh, it relieves stress.

1 comment:

  1. yes, artist operate in many areas, even ones that don't seem like art at first encounter.

    ReplyDelete