Monday, February 22, 2010

Event Questionnaire

1.
I felt the larve technique hard to swallow. I understood it as a statement of life itself.
What a small world to command and control. I found the explanation of how the fate of the flyes most interesting. He talked about all of the different fates and I could not help but think of humanity in the same way. I think the force behind making these paintings made them less interesting.
2.
Obviously the fly paintings, I have never heard of anyone painting in that manner before, I myself had a hard time seeing them as paintings.
3.
Yes I can imagine myself in this profession because I have so many ideas of my own, and I eventually want the space one day to make them come to life.
4.
I really enjoyed his space and his sense of organization, everything in its right place makes Emil a good artist.

1 comment:

  1. A thoughtful responce. Can you elaborate on #1 above?

    Did you think it exploitive using the fly larve in this way?

    If so, and I think there is an argument to be made there, doesn't it also raise the question of ethical practice(s) in any art-making practice, i.e. the nature and source of any/all art materials, discarding unused non-biodegradable materials such as acrylic paints, plastics, solvents, etc.? Much food for thought...

    ReplyDelete