Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vanessa Cross Independant Studio Project Proposal

Vanessa Cross

Bruce Wall

Independent Studio/ Studio Practice ARTA 260

January 27, 2010


Independent Studio Project Proposal

1. What ideas, subject matter, and content are you interested in exploring in your work?
I would like to expand my creativity a little more and to improve my skills. For example I would like to do some paintings that turn out better then what I ever did. Even though I love to draw anime and fan art I would like to draw more of my own characters in poses that I never did before. I would like to create my own characters in anime style theme and create awsome poses.

2. What type of research do you feel would be helpful in developing your initial ideas fot the work?
I would research many different types of anime drawings and try to do something original than what they do, or I could just compine different characters into one awsome character.

3. List 3 to 5 reference works related to the above subject
For example the reference works would be anime artist like tite kubo who created the anime bleach and it is one of my favorite anime of all time.

4. What types of are media and other materials do you plan to work with or experiment with?
I would like do use materials that I rarely ever use like wood, a mirror, maybe some canvasas, and maybe even cardboard, The mediem I would probably like to pracice using paints more.

5. What types of formats do you plan to work with?
I would probably like to do a lot of 2-D art work because I don’t have a big enough imagination to come up with something in 3-D but if I do come up with something then I will try to do some 3-D things.

6. Approximately how many and what size of works do you plan to make?
I’m not quit sure how many works I will make throughout the class but I know that most of my work will be in a variety of sizes from 14x11 to 18x20.

7. Describe your ideas for a work to be shown in CC Student Activities space?
Well for my self portrait I created a really good anime character, and I think it came out so good that I think it would be cool if I can take that character and put him in a whole bunch of different poses and different ways to draw him. Like one pose I can paint him on a canvas or I can just draw him in pencil or charcoal and just draw him in a grey scale.

8. Describe your ideas for an installation and the work you would like to make for the CC Display Case?
I also love dragons so maybe I will do some paintings or drawings of dragons to hang in the display case.

9. What do you hope to achieve by completing a substantial body of work this semester?
Expand my creativitie a little bit and maybe improve my painting and drawing skills and maybe use materials that I barely ever used before.

2 comments:

  1. I think its great how you have a niche (anime/manga) and you base your art on that interest, but I'd like to see you step out of your comfort zone and try a different technique. It doesn't have to be completely different of course, but I think it'll practice your imagination you say you don't have and broaden your style and portfolio! For example, try drawing your characters in charcoal or painting them on a 3D object. Hope I helped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comment, DL.

    Vanessa, OK, you say you want to expand your style, try new materials and push your anime figures to show emotion, combine the figures, combine them with other things. To do so, you need other stimuli besides anime. What other art styles have interested you in art history? There are a few million to choose from, so start looking. Browse your art history text, go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Whitney Museum, Guggenheim Museum on-line and see what you can find. The more varied the better. All art can be looked at as a hybrid of one thing plus another. Find your hybrid, the weirder the better, to get started and you'll be on your way. Happy hunting.

    ReplyDelete