Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kylie Sandt - Emil Lukas Studio Visit

1. What do you feel was the most interesting or significant aspect of this discussion/presentation?

Every aspect of visiting Emil's studio was interesting to me. Having grown up in a family where the art world is almost non existent, I never really had the opportunity to leave home to visit galleries or even talk to professional artists. So now whenever I'm introduced to something like this it really inspires me.

2. What was the most unexpected thing seen or discussed?

The most unexpected thing was the fly larva. I am not surprised though because to make something that makes someone raise an eyebrow (in a good way) an artist has to use chance experiences from their life and work with them.

3. Can you imagine yourself in this profession? If so, what do you like the most about it? If not, why?

Yes I can imagine it. I have wanted my own studio space for a while now, and now that I have seen his I want it even more. He seemed to have traveled a lot and I think travel is the best way to see what is out there and gain experience. In that aspect I am very lacking. I very rarely get out of the Lehigh Valley.

1 comment:

  1. Emil's place is certainly "out of the Lehigh Valley", at least conceptually. The artist's studio is another world, and one that you know already when your "in the zone" of doing your work. (Even in CMUN 110).

    Keep Going!

    ReplyDelete