Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vanessa Cross Personal Belief Critique on Jasmine Hoskins

Materials: The materials that she used in her project was acrylic paint on paper.

Idea: The idea of the project is a girl looking down at a leaf, and it looks like she

is in a tent under a starry sky and in front of her there is a pile of rocks that

looks like there was a fire there. It looks like she is sad about something or maybe

she ran away from home and she is living in a tent cause she doesn't want to go

anywhere else.

Improvements: I think the picture needs a found object like maybe a real leaf

texture on the leaf in the girls hands, but other than that the painting is really

good.

Personal Belief: I don't really know what the belief is but i think the painting

looks like the girl is illuminating from the inside and that she doesn't need a fire

because the light is coming from within.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Jasmine should add a sage leaf to her painting. I think it'll bring it to life more. (it already is so alive! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting, I'm not sure you should add too much more to it because I feel it is powerful as is. A found leaf would add an earthy touch (which I feel would go along well), but it will not last on there forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good crit, VC and comments DL, LR.

    I feel there is much going on behind this image and hopefully we'll get to see it!

    ReplyDelete