Saturday, February 27, 2010

HC Banana Factory Reaction



Of all of the work I saw at the Banana factory, I think my favorite's were these two by Raymond Sicignano. Not only did I appreciate his take on realism and "Italian Cuisine" but I also really liked the intenisty of the colors he uses.



I also really liked this piece by Rigo Peralta.
1. The most interesting thing I found about the Banana Factory was all of the idividual studios. I was really cool to enter the various studios even with the artist not present. I felt like although they were not there, just by gathering the information given by the room (food, art, books, different areas od clutter) you really get a feel for who they are.
2. The most unexpected thing I thought was how competitive it is to get a studio at the Banana Factory. Being relatively new to the art scene, I really did not know there were so many local artists, and how extremely talented many of them are.
3. I could definately see myself in this profession in the future. As of now I don't really have the space to be able to work when I want, and when I do it is often pretty cramped. I think it would be awesome to have a studio at the Banana Factory, especially because I want to stay local. The chance to work along side the amazing artists like Angie Snyder-Lande, Andrew Kish III, Virginia Abbott, and Rigo Peralta. All of which whose art really stood out to me.
4. Additional Comments:
I enjoyed touring the jewelry studio and glass studio. I am going to look into taking some ofthese classes to really branch out and get a feel for different areas of art.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. yep, This IS a competitive field all right, but then again, if it's what you love, you "need" to do it. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete